Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Island Park

Well, the boys and I had a great vacation with my family this past week. We were able to go to Island Park and be there for 7 days. It was pretty fun! My family has a cabin there and every year we get to go there for a week. It's always a good time and definitely a highlight for us all to look forward to. Unfortunately, Scott wasn't able to join us for the whole week, but he was able to come for 2 days which was really nice. Just so you know there are going to be lots of pictures, so I hope you can bare with me.

Baby Ripken (nephew), Maycee (niece), Savannah (niece), and Koen. These girls were so good about holding the babies. They were always asking and of course we would let them. They are going to be great babysitters :)

This is my niece Quinnleigh and I. We were a team for the Kesler Family Bingo that my sister-in-law, Sarah-Jane put together. Great game, Sarah! It was definitely a hit.

This is as far as Austin would get into the water. It was a little chilly. I was actually impressed he got in that far.

This is my studdly, brave nephew Kobe. He is a stallion. He tried two-skiing for the first time and did awesome.
This is Kobe's older brother, Cooper, who also tried skiing for the first time and did awesome. He eventually became part of the early morning skiers.

Koen, just hanging out in his usual spot at the cabin. There wasn't much there for him to do. He did really good though and was pretty happy for the most part. He did enjoy being outside and being in his bouncer.


Grandpa had this wood cut out in advance for the kids to make their own boats and Austin was loving that. He played with his a ton and even wore the goggles and help him in the water. He was so insistent on putting them on by himself too - can you tell?

Austin is really into grandma and grandpa's family home evening. I think that's a first! :)

Most of the grandkids lined up to play red light, green light with grandma.

After so many years, my dad still has it in him. Way to go, Dad!

My oldest brother, Cameron, loves to snorkel and was having a great time trying to catch a crawfish. No luck, but it was fun to watch!

Scott and I braved the tubes and had a great ride. I thought Scott was going to kill me when he would come flying over the wake. I was so sore after this. I was having to hang on for dear life.
This picture didn't turn out like I wanted it to, but this is Scott skiing in the sunset. He only got a few runs in the days he was there, but did a great job. We were pushing daylight for this one.
Our little family after church at Big Springs.
My older brother, Landon and his brave son, Kobe surfing. I swear Landon's kids have no fear. I love it!


Austin, me, Kobe (nephew), and Quinnleigh (niece) just playin on the air bed as it deflates.
Some of the boys with their water guns that Uncle Cameron gave them. Caden (nephew), Kobe, and Austin.

Some of the girls with their lip gloss rings that Uncle Cameron gave them. Quinnleigh, Belle (niece), and Savannah (niece)
My younger, goony sister Kelsi. She loves the camera - can you tell?

And Koen in his other usual spot (the high chair). It seemed like he was eating all the time, but so were the rest of us.

It was a great week and we had a great time. Thanks to my family for helping me out with the boys when my husband couldn't be there and for making it a great time! I'm already looking forward for next year!

8 comments:

Angela said...

I've been waiting for this post. It looks like you had a blast.
Tell those nieces not to grow up too fast because I'm the babysitter of choice right now!!!
I like how Landon has a helmet on, but not his son. What a good dad! Just kidding.
So you were ALL there? How awesome.

Matt and Erin said...

Hey, we found your blog off of Josh and Brittany's. Sounds like you guys had a great vacation! Your kids are getting so big!

Sarah said...

how fun! i love family vacations!

Ali said...

The cabin! So much fun. I loved all the pics. It is crazy how many grandkids there are. Looks like you guys had an awesome time.

Erin said...

Sounds like another successful cabin week! Glad you had fun!

Misty Kesler said...

cute pics, it was fun. i wish I was still there and not back to life :( . Hey sorry I missed Austins B day Brett and I were in seattle. I am sure we missed a killer party.. i know how you roll :)

brooklyn said...

fun. i love family vacations like this - nothing better. that is what i am needing right about now.

The Miles Family said...

How Fun! I am beginning to get jealous that you are so close to family while Scott is in school. A WHOLE week, I would love that! Your boys are adorable. Koen has a lot of hair...lucky boy!