Sunday, July 13, 2008

We're off to see the Wizard . . .

Scott and I were invited a little while ago by his sister to attend The Wizard of Oz at the Mystique theater in Pocatello and we finally were able to go this last weekend. I was really excited about it (I don't know how excited Scott was, but he went with it). As we are walking into the theater, a little older lady walked in behind us & I just thought she was in the play. We sat down to eat & started browsing through the program and saw this on the back. . .



She is a REAL munchkin from the Movie back in 1939. I guess she makes a living traveling around signing autographs. She was the cutest little lady. I did take a picture with her, but it was on my phone so I couldn't transfer it, but it was the coolest thing. And yes I broke down and paid the $5 to get her autograph. I'm kind of a sucker for those kinds of things. She got up at the beginning before the play started and talked a little bit about the movie and answered some questions. She is one of 8 munchkins still living. (There were 125 in the movie.)

Anyways - it was really cool to meet a real munchkin (a famous person if you will). The play was really good and we had a great time. Thanks Kaci for the invite. We had a great time! (Well, I did!)

7 comments:

Becca said...

Fun times seeing the Wizard! Did it remind of you the old days of doing the Wizard? That was a long time ago. I love checking in on your cute family! (becca rammell)

Ali said...

So fun!!! I bet the play wasn't as good as ours but I'm sure it was close! :)

Angela said...

What a cute little lady. Have fun at the cabin. I left some little kid chairs in the laundry room for everyone to use.

Brandon and Emily said...

I love that show! I bet the play was really cool. I have been wanting to go see a play at that theatre,I guess I will have to make Brandon take me.

Brandon and Emily said...

Hey I thought that lady was Scott's girlfriend!! Be honest Scott, and come clean! P.S. my muscles are bigger than yours
Brandon

Angie said...

Hey Katie! So fun to see your cute family! And I love that you got to meet a real live muchkin! (I'm a sucker for that stuff too...totally would have paid the five bucks.) Do you remember when Amber and I plucked your eyebrows for the first time? Kind of blows my mind that you have two kids now! And they sure are cute! Tell your fam hi!
Angie (Herbst)Mikesell

Shelley said...

I went and saw this too! So much fun!! The famous munchin wasn't there though....LUCKY! ;) I was most amazed with how well mannered little "Toto" was! -I just found your blog. It's so fun to keep up with old friends.