Sunday, October 26, 2008

Please Send More Money!!!

Yesterday was Scott's last day off before we head back for home and so we thought we would try and fit as much in as possible. We started the day off going to the Boo at the Denver Zoo. We have never been to one before - we definitely weren't prepared for how busy it was. The place was packed. The kids loved being able to see animals and get treats all in one. It was neat for Scott and I as well because there were animals that we have never seen in real life.
Buzz (Austin) and Annie (Savannah) at the beginning of the Zoo. Ready to hit it hard! Annie was the hit of the zoo. Everyone kept talking to her and asking her if she would sing. One lady even wanted a picture of her. It was hilarious. She wasn't quite sure how to handle the popularity.

Woody (Koen) I can not figure out why this picture is turned and I am clueless as to how to fix it. Sorry! Once again, just tilt!
This was one of our highlights! These elephants were awesome. The kids were in awe. These trainers were out there trying to get the elephants to do tricks and they did.

This elephant just layed down in super slow motion. It was really cool to watch him in action.

Another shot of Woody. He did so good at the Zoo. He was so amazed!

Buzz getting a good look at the Rhino! He thought that was crazy that he had those "pokey things" on his nose. Funny!!!
The crew just hanging out!

Here we have Annie and Sandy (her dog), Cami, Katie, Scott, and Woody and Buzz! Not pictured are Cami's parents!

October was frog month at the Zoo so of course there was a frog there for the Boo at the Zoo and Austin and Lucy were loving that. They asked if they could go hug the frog and what do you say to that?

We headed back from the Zoo just in time to leave to go the the Major League Soccer game with the Colorado Rapids and Real Salt Lake. Cami and I were looking a little bit ago on the internet for Halloween activities for the kids and I stumbled across the "Kick or Treat with the Colorado Rapids". I clicked on it and realized that they were playing Real Salt Lake and thought that would be so fun to go to. Scott is so into soccer right now that we have all become into it. I quite enjoy it now. He has thoroughly enjoyed the Fox Soccer Channel here and so I thought it would be fun to actually watch a game in real life. So we did it!

Here are our two tickets to the game. Are we excited or what? We aren't quite sure who to cheer for - Colorado or Salt Lake?

This is a view from our seats and yes we are on the front row. We were stoked about that. We are just to the left of the center line. They were awesome seats!!!

Another shot of the game.

So, at this point the score is 1-0 Colorado. Colorado scored in the first 15 minutes of the game. Well, the games are 90 minutes long and both teams had a ton of shots on goal, but nothing was going in. In the 89th minute, Salt Lake runs over and put in an awesome goal. The crowd was silent except for a corner of the stadium that were REAL fans. Scott wanted to jump up and cheer so bad, but we were too afraid we might get beat up by the Rapids fans. We were surrounded. When it all came down to it, we really wanted Salt Lake to win (we lived there for a year and that's the closest MLS team to us in Idaho. The game ended in a tie 1-1, so whether Salt Lake tied or won the game they would win the Rocky Mountain Cup and they were able to pull it off. It was crazy to see it in real life. We loved our first experience at a real MLS game. Hopefully there will be more to come in our lifetime.

After the game, we decided to stay in our seats and let the crowd mellow out before we take off and as we are sitting there, the players start walking over to a small crowd of us to recognize the fans. It was their final game of the season and so that night was fan appreciation night. This guy is Nick LaBrocca and he was the MVP of the game. He came through and was shaking everyone's hands. This is how he started with the fans.

This is how he ended. He gave everything away except for this shorts. He had to draw a line somewhere. When he came through the first time, we didn't have anything to get his autograph on and then we remembered our tickets. When he came through again, we snagged him for an autograph. I tried to talk Scott into asking him for his socks, but he wouldn't go for it. Next thing you know, the lady next to him asked him for his socks and he took them off and gave them to him. Scott was a little disappointed.


This is a picture from the top of the stadium.

We had a blast at this game and were so excited after it was all over, we had a hard time coming back into reality. I'm just glad we were able to do this especially where Scott is so into soccer right now and we were so close to the stadium. I have grown to love the sport as well, I can't play it like Scott does, but I enjoy watching it. Thanks to Cameron and Cami for helping us with our kids so we could have this way cool experience.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin's costume is so cute!!

Courtney said...

The costumes were great, both your children and Cameron's children. The soccer game looks fun as well! What a few weeks of fun for you and your family!

keri said...

Sounds great. Even the soccer thing sounded fun. :) Work hard, see ya in a week.

Erin said...

How fun..., I mean..., for Denver anyway. Get ready to join the REAL party now!

The Miles Family said...

Okay can I just tell you that I am so jealous! Your cute little family is always getting such magical pictures. Your boys are so photogenic...{that includes you Scott}! Are they just always smiling when you pull out the camera? The costumes are darling. I am sure Teegan would have loved to be Buzz. How fun!

Mike and Kaci said...

How exciting. That is really sick that you guys wanted this man sweaty socks. Ew.

Brandon and Emily said...

For a minute there I thought it was Scott dressed up as Annie, but after closer inspection I realized your niece was way buffer than Scott. Your boys look great as the Toy Story clan. I was hoping you guys would be back soon enough that scott and I could dress up for Halloween. I was thinking I could be the Hulk, and maybe Scott could be Gumbi or something (trying to stick with the green creature theme). We're excited to have you back from Colorado, hopefully we can get together before too long.

Lacie Pearson said...

I love the Buzz and Woody costumes. I thought that would be a great idea for our two boys, but didn't end up doing it .. maybe next year. Sounds like you had a fun Halloween!