Friday, March 19, 2010

Baby Ulrich Has Arrived!!!

Well - the time has finally come! Baby Boy Ulrich was born on March 18th at 6:16 PM and the cool thing is that his dad was able to deliver him. Yeah - Scott delivered our little guy. He did such a good job. His boss was right beside him coaching him and he did such an amazing job. I was started at 2:30 PM and the dosage was really light. I was dialated to a 4 at that time. They kept uping the dosage every so often. Around 5:00 the doctor came. I was still at a 4 and so he decided to break my water and at 5:30 I was at an 8. The doctor was off delivering another baby at that time, so the nurses decided to turn off the pit to slow me down until the doctor could get there. Around 5:45 we started pushing and at 6:16 our little baby boy was born. He was 7 pounds 8 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long.

Caleb & Kelsi (my sister & husband) holding him!

Kelsi & Scott showing Austin & Koen the new brother. They were so excited! Koen kept looking around the room and saying, "Where's my baby? Where's my baby?" It was really cute. They both seemed really excited! I hope that lasts!

Notice how we keep calling him Baby Boy Ulrich. Yeah - we haven't come up with a name yet. Hopefully we can come up with something before we leave the hospital.

Baby and exhausted daddy! Everything went really well. The baby and I are doing really well. The delivery was so slick! What a blessing! We are so excited to have him here. Our three sons - what an adventure it will be - but we are thrilled. We wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for all your hard work Scott - you did a great job delivering. We'll have more pictures to come!

12 comments:

Emily said...

AWESOME!!! Now Collin has a friend to play with!!! We just hope you come up with a name before too long, he might get confused being called baby boy ulrich in high school.

Nanci said...

Congrats guys!!!!! He is SO cute! Hope you are feeling well and that you can pick a name out for that sweet little guy soon!

Mike and Kaci said...

The baby must be doing well? :) You said it like 3 times. :) Adorable! You do need a name....I guess BB Ulrich could catch on!

Courtney said...

Congrats Katie and Scott! Glad everything went well and I can't wait to see what name you come up with for him! I am so excited for you guys!

The Miles Family said...

First, Congratulations!!! We are very happy for you and are excited to discover the name ;) Second, Holy Cow...you just had a baby and you've blogged about it one day later!! I'm impressed! I can't think of a better family for him to go to...I really can't. Great job Katie, and great job not dropping him Scottish. Talk to you soon. Love you guys.

Christiansen 6 said...

yay!! Congratulations!! We are really excited for your new little addition! That is so awesome that Scott was able to deliver him, what a neat experience. We can't wait to hear what his name will be! Good luck with your 3 beautiful boys!

Heather Williams said...

Wahoo!!! Ryan and I just got back from a very busy day and we had to check the blog...this ended our day even better!! Congratulations and way to make it a team effort. He is so handsome and perfect. And what an AMAZING family he is in. Enjoy every bit of this you guys.

We love and miss you and can't wait to meet this little guy.

Love, Ryan and heather

The Duckers said...

YAY! CONGRATS!!! And he's so stinking adorable!! I can't wait to heat the name that you decided on!
What a fun and happy family. You are so outnumbered, but I bet you love your 3 boys to pieces (or 4)!! That would be so fun!

Angela said...

Congratulations! I told the preschool class why Austin wasn't there (they thought he was sick). Many of them answered with, "My mom's having a baby too." Oh, the rumors I could start. ;)

Brock and Kristina said...

Yah! Congrats! Just last week we were trying to figure out when you were due. And how he's here! Love the name. Hope things continue to go well! Congrats!!!!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

cant wait to meet the little stud in person!!! *cami

Anonymous said...

3 boys.... Wow! Congratulations Katie. You are going to LOVE it! I'm glad everything went well. Maybe someday we'll get our girls! :)