Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ulrich Olympics 2010!

Scott's brother and sister-in-law have started a tradition where they have a niece and nephew sleepless sleepover. The kids come in their jammies and play for a couple of hours and then go home at bedtime. This year the theme was the Olympics. They were to come in some olympic type clothing and have an olympic name. Scott had the brilliant idea of using some of the boys' super tight jammies as the one-piece suits that the speed skaters wear. To top it off he thought it would be hilarious to have them wear these massive goggles as well. It did end up being pretty hilarious! I have to say that I was impressed with Scott's creativity.


Their olympic names were: Osti (#30) and Loco (#12). For those of you who are familiar with the Duke Blue Devils - those are two of the key players numbers. Obsessed much??? Maybe!

Koen loved the goggles the best.

Austin's goggles were Scott's swimming goggles and we had to keep reminding Austin to breathe out of his nose. We were on our way to Scott's brother's house and Austin was so tired. He was trying to breathe out of his nose and stay awake and he was really struggling. It was kind of funny/scary at the same time. It looked like he was going to pass out due to lack of oxygen, but he was just starting to dose.

The kids all had a great time and loved it. Lets just say that Austin was totally loving the outfit and was really geared up to win the olympics. Thanks so much Brady and Edee - the kids had a blast. Looking forward to next year!

6 comments:

keri said...

I loved the "uniforms". I think they looked better in person though.

Mike and Kaci said...

I'm kind of dissapointed Roxi didn't get an invite!

Heather Williams said...

What a fun tradition! I got quite the laugh out of those two. What fun kids and so fun to be brothers like that. Again, thank you SO much for your surprise package! That seriously made our day.

We miss you guys! Good luck Katie, only 4 more days right?!

heather

Kelsi Fullmer said...

Hilarious!! Love the goggles! what a fun idea.

Erin said...

Those are some serious uniforms - love it... sorry I didn't see it in person.

Misty Kesler said...

How cute! look like fun was had by all !