Austin has been playing AYSO soccer for about 4 weeks now and is loving it. He loves to say that he is playing like his dad. Scott and Austin's games are on the same night at the exact same time which is a bummer, but it is fun for them to get ready for their games at the same time. Austin does pretty good at his games though - he does tend to get a little side tracted, but what 3-4 year old wouldn't right? It's so funny when you start to cheer for him - he looks at you and starts running as fast as he can either looking at the person that cheered or looking at the ground. It then results in running into another player or running past the ball. It's hilarious though. He does a great job! He still has 4 more weeks to go and he is looking forward to every game. When you tell him his game is that night - he asks every hour or more when he can start getting ready. Does he love to wear the gear more than play the game? I wonder . . .

Right before his first game!


Like father - Like son! They love it!

Koen wanted in on the action!

Warming up before the game!

What a stud - he wasn't really understanding the pose I was trying to put him in.

The "Lions" - (that is the team name the boys came up with!) What??? Who is the coach - YIKES! Yeah - it's true - I got roped into coaching - I don't know jack diddly about soccer, but these are 4 year olds - I just have to teach them to kick the ball into the right goal - Right? It's been fun though and a good experience for me. Luckily Scott is constantly giving me pointers. What a fun experience huh? GO LIONS!!!
9 comments:
FUN!!! AYSO = great memories! Good job Katie. I was a coach for 3-4 yr olds once. I remember it was hilarious. Just getting them to kick the ball was a challenge sometimes. Let alone into the RIGHT goal. Or bug/butterfly chasing was always a favorite during the games. Looks like lots of fun. Can't wait until Taylee is older....
Way to go Austin! ...and Coach!
I really wish I could come watch him, I am bummed we are always at the same time.
Way too go soccer mom! That is great! He looks so cute in his little soccer outfit... I am talking about Austin! JK
Coach? Did you say Coach!! That is excellent Katie! That looks so fun. We put Dusty in T-ball this year, but I'll probably put him in soccer next.... There is too much sitting in baseball. He gets a little bored!! Don't you LOVE having little boys!!
Where are the games at? I will have to come distract Austin. That is super cute!
I LOVE that you are a soccer coach! I bet you are amazing. What a fun thing to be able to do. Austin looks like a good little player.
We tried to switch Jace to your team when we found out you were coaching. Didn't happen. We were quite sad.
We seriously laugh the entire game. They are hilarious. I can't wait unitl we play your team.
Last night we played a really rough team. I'll have to let you know the team number so you can be ready for them. Their coach was encouraging them to shove and push our team members down. No joke...4 and 5 year old kids.
Way to go Coach!! Those pictures are so funny and cute!
Too cute!
Post a Comment