Saturday, January 31, 2009

Have you ever had one of these days?

So a couple of days ago I was heading out the door to a baby shower. I was a little flustered because of my boys and the errands I had to run so I was just in a hurry to get out the door. I had to run over to my mother-in-law's to get something and when I walked in I automatically wiped off my shoes. As I looked down to watch my feet, I noticed this . . .

Wow - did I feel sheepish. I walked out of the house in two different shoes and didn't even realize it. I didn't have time to go back home and change and I was so torn of whether I should just go with these shoes or what. Luckily my mother-in-law and I wear the same size shoe and she was gracious enough to lend me some of hers. I was so grateful because among all the running around and craziness I had going on, I was not ready to be embarrassed about what I was wearing too. Thank you Mom Ulrich. Needless to say the night got better, but don't you just hate it when you have days like that?

8 comments:

keri said...

I hate to tell you this but there have been quite a few days like that-you just never noticed. We all kept quiet to preserve your feelings. Love ya.

Erin said...

According to Dad, it was one flip-flop and one tennis shoe.
Going off knowing you and him, I tend to lean toward his story more.
Give Austin the new job of picking out shoes for mommy, I think you'll be a little safer.

Ulrich Family said...

Funny enough - Dad doesn't even know what flip-flops are. Now who's telling the truth :) And Keri - thanks for keeping this one quiet - I have too many of "those" stories. :)

Mike and Kaci said...

Dang. I wish you wouldn't have noticed!

chuck said...

I really wasn't being gracious. I only loaned you those shoes because it would be a direct reflection on me as a mother. How could I have allowed my son to marry someone who wears mismatched shoes. It could never happen--you know? And if Keri allowed other days like that to pass then she has contributed to my declining reputation! Oh the shame of it!!!

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness! That is too funny!

The Miles Family said...

Totally Scott's fault!! He should have realized that you had a busy day that day and set your shoes out the night before so you could get out the door faster. You may have felt sheepish for the shoes, but I feel sheepish for not teaching Scott this important life lesson. This adds to my declining reputation as a friend. In the words of the very wise, sincere, gracious, kind, and beautiful Sister Ulrich, "Oh the shame of it!"

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Just be glad you figured it out early. I made it all the way to work in Idaho Falls before I realized I had done the same thing! Good excuse to go buy another pair though! :) Your family is the cutest!