Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So Much To Be Thankful For!

We had such a great Thanksgiving. It began with Scott making rounds at the hospital and then it was off to Blackfoot for Thanksgiving dinner with the Keslers. We had a lucious meal (as usual) and enjoyed all the company as well. All of us kids and our families were there except for Cameron and his family which unfortunately he had to work. We missed you guys! After a delicious meal, we did the usual look through the adds and the guys actually went and helped a lady shovel her driveway. After some yummy pie, we headed to Starlite Lanes for our annual family bowling game. We ended up having the whole bowling alley to ourselves which never happens. It was probably a good thing because there was a herd of us.

 Koen has never really bowled much but he loved it. Good thing the guy doesn't get mad everytime the buzzer goes off for crossing the line. He did a great job though!

He  was so excited after knocking down so many pins. It was cute to see his excitement and dissapointment after each bowl.

Austin has gotten really good over the years. Look at that form!

The celebration after getting a spare. And just a side note - Austin beat me! I am a little out of practice. Believe me - that won't ever happen again :)

These two were so cute to sit there and watch everyone else bowl when their turns were over. Cousin Ripken & Koen.

The CREW!

Afterwards we came back to mom and dad's and the boys watched an intense Dallas Cowboys football game. Lets just say they were very disappointed with the outcome.

The boys continued the night playing an improv song game. They each had to come up with a short phrase that went along with the person before them and sing it. That doesn't really make sense - oh well! It is a very random game, but super fun!

Thanksgiving came to a close with a bang. I ended up pulling an all nighter due to the Black Friday deals. I hit Walmart at midnight, then the three guys and I hit Target at 2 (line was too long - so we left) and then Pocatello stores at 5. Needless to say - we got some GOOD stuff. Scott, Jordan, Landon, and I at the mall enjoying some Mrs. Powells cinnamon rolls. It was a great boost to keep us going. It was a wonderful weekend and so much fun! I am so thankful for the family that I have and for the wonderful examples they are to me. I have learned so much from each and everyone of them. I am also so grateful for my own little family. For a wonderful and amazing husband that takes such good care of me and the boys and also for 3 wonderful boys that bring so much joy into our lives. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Will you adopt me into your family? You guys have so much fun together!

celeste said...

So you're one of the crazy black Friday shoppers! You are brave to take on those crowds.

Misty Kesler said...

I got on our blog to steal pic of dinner... nice to know I was not the only one who forgot to get out my camera. Cute pics of your boys bowling :)