A couple of weeks ago, the boys and I were getting ready to run some errands. I asked Austin to get his socks and shoes on and he runs in his room.
He comes back out and said, "These ones?"
I said, "Austin, those are your church socks. You can't wear those."
He looked at me very seriously and said, "MOM, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." I was floored that he said that. It was hilarious! Do you think I have said that to him one too many times? I guess kids do really catch on.
He looked at me very seriously and said, "MOM, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." I was floored that he said that. It was hilarious! Do you think I have said that to him one too many times? I guess kids do really catch on.




8 comments:
That is hilarious! I said that to all the kids this weekend. Ha ha!
That is classic!
Funny! love that kid
Too funny!! I know how ya feel, now when I tell Bowen to do something, he says, "Mom, stop whinnin'" So apparently I must say that to him a lot, kids are funny!
That is too funny. What a cute kid.
luv that kid! miss you guys *cami
That's going to be one of those things that our kids grow up and laugh at because we always said it. Kind of like: You're grounded for life; Well if one of your friends jumped off a bridge would you?; don't talk to me like I'm one of your friends...Oh my heck I've said all of these things to my kids. I'm becoming my mother...HELP!
"You get what you get and you don't throw a fit" is one of those lines that our kids are going to swear they'll never say to their kids. They will though, you watch!
Funny.
Post a Comment